Dr. Daley is one of Chicagoland’s leading surgeons in the areas of Total Hip Replacement, Minimally Invasive Hip, Knee Replacement and Knee Arthroscopy. Dr. Daley gained national prominence when, as team physician for the Chicago White Sox, he performed Bo Jackson’s Total Hip Replacement, allowing him to successfully return to playing professional baseball. He also performed Artificial Knee Replacement surgery on Dan Hampton, a Hall of Fame NFL defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears.
Dr. Daley is involved in the design and development of surgical implants for several manufacturers, giving him additional insight into determining the best solutions for his patients. He is a regularly featured speaker on orthopaedic topics related to the hip and knee.
Dr. Daley has advanced training and extensive experience in specialized joint surgery including a Reconstructive Joint Surgery fellowship at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School.
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
Reconstructive Joint Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Areas of Specialty
- Adult Reconstructive Joint Surgery
- Cartilage Repair & Transplantation
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Visionaire Custom Patient Instrumentation for Total Knee Replacement
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Former Team Physician, Chicago White Sox
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Medical Association
Clinical Support Staff
Dr. Robert J. Daley has office hours at the following locations:
- Dr. Daley and PA were fantastic
"Dr. Daley and his PA were fantastic…patient, kind, informative, knowledgeable and" Read more…
- Dr. Daley & Nathan Are Great!!
"Dr. Daley and Nathan are great!!" Read more…
Awards and Honors
US News & World Report Top Doctors